Title of driver: Public Health England structure: factsheet
Source: Department of Health
Publication format: PDF from website
Date of publication: July 2012
Summary of driver: The structure of Public Health England will change in April 2013; this factsheet shows how the organisation will be restructured to protect and improve helath and well-being and tackle helath inequalities.
Key features of driver: This factsheet shows the proposed structure for 2013 and will provide the basis of the transition. The document outlines how the following parts of Public Health England will be organised:
- The structure of the leadership team and its governance processes (page 2)
- The leadership team will lead 8 directorates: health protection; health improvement and population health;knowledge and intelligence; operations; strategy; programmes; finance and corporate services; human resources
- Detail regarding the structure, staffing and remit for each directorate is discussed.
- Public Health England will operate through four regions and 15 centres (Page 14)
The following principles will underpin the new Public Health England:
- People are safely and securely transferred into the new agency
- Disruption to existing services is minimised and service continuity is maintained
- Communication will be regular and frequent
Primary audience: Local authorities, Public Health Departments & Workforce, All NHS Trusts,
Impact on library policy/practice: Libraries based within public health, or serving public health England will be affected in that they will potentially be delivering services to new audiences e.g. local authorities.
Case studies / Local service profile examples mapping to this driver: None as of 31.1.2013
Date last updated: 31.1.2013
Due for review: 1.12.2013
Group member responsible: Not yet identified
Tagged: Public health